- Managing your career | Surviving grad school | Articles
- The College Fear Factor: How Students and Professors Misunderstand One Another
Students and teachers often misunderstand each other’s intentions.
- July 6, 2010
- The job hunt | Managing your career | Videos
- Challenges being faced by postdoctoral fellows in Canada
Marianne Stanford, chair of the Canadian Association of Postdoctoral Scholars (CAPS), speaks about the challenges that today's postdoctoral scholars face and their prospects outside of the academic "parking lot."
- June 22, 2010
- Managing your career | Articles
- Teaching in Dubai: how it's different from Canada
A Canadian academic decamps for the Persian Gulf, and a very different postsecondary system.
- June 7, 2010
- Managing your career | Podcasts
- Why become a university administrator? - Dean's Podcast
An interview with Jack Duffy, a professor at Dalhousie University, on the benefits of becoming a university administrator.
- April 20, 2010
- Managing your career | Videos
- Surviving the transition from grad student to new faculty member
Carol Miles, director of Learning, Technologies and Teaching Support at Carleton University explains the challenges of starting a career as a new faculty member.
- April 15, 2010
- Managing your career | Surviving grad school | Videos
- What is knowledge mobilization?
How to connect university research with the outside world in order to benefit society.
- April 5, 2010
- The job hunt | Articles
- Getting involved in charity work can help your career
Volunteer work can contribute to your graduate research and strengthen your CV.
- March 30, 2010