A friend of mine who is close to finishing her PhD and is trying to figure out what she wants to do next (“To postdoc or not to postdoc….that is the question :)”) emailed me recently looking for advice on where to look for job postings. As I compiled a list of the places I’ve looked for jobs (both for myself and for other friends and colleagues who decided to get out of the tenure track) ((note that some of these links also include some tenure-track positions too)), I realized that it might be useful to post it here for readers who are wondering the same thing.
Not specific to BC:
- Government of Canada jobs: http://jobs-emplois.gc.ca/
- Charity Village: http://www.charityvillage.com/
- Nature: http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/
- Workopolis: http://www.workopolis.com/
- Monster: http://www.monster.ca/
This is by no means even remotely a complete list, but it’s a start. If anyone has any links to good places to look for those non-tenure track jobs (especially if you have ones from other provinces/territories), please post them in the comments and we’ll add them to the list!