Psychology - Assistant Professor (Quantitative Methods)
University of Manitoba
The Department of Psychology at the University of Manitoba invites applications for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the area of Quantitative Methods. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2019 and the appointment has an anticipated start date of July 1, 2020.
Job description: We seek a colleague with an active and promising program of research with relevance to the advance of Quantitative Methods.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be expected to develop an internationally competitive research program, attract external funding, teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in quantitative methods, supervise graduate and undergraduate research, and contribute to departmental service.
Qualifications: Candidates must have a PhD or equivalent degree completed at the start date of the appointment. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Demonstrated evidence of successful teaching experience with preference for expertise in latent variable modelling, big data analysis, data mining, neural networks, computerized testing, and/or growth-curve longitudinal modelling; and,
- Demonstrated evidence of research excellence through a track record of peer-reviewed publications, presentations at national and international conferences, and potential to attract external grant funding.
The institution: The University of Manitoba is the province’s largest research-intense University. The Department of Psychology is the largest academic unit in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Manitoba with 36 faculty members, 14 support staff, over 110 graduate students, and ample space for offices, laboratories, and classrooms. More information about the University, the Department, the City, and the Province can be found at the links below.
- Department of Psychology (umanitoba.ca/psychology/)
- Faculty of Arts (umanitoba.ca/faculties/arts/)
- University of Manitoba (umanitoba.ca/)
- City of Winnipeg (winnipeg.ca/)
- Province of Manitoba (gov.mb.ca/)
- University of Manitoba’s Strategic Plan (http://umanitoba.ca/admin/president/strategic_plan/)
Application information: Applications for this position must include a letter of application, a CV, a research statement, a teaching statement, copies of up to three recent publications, and three letters of reference.
Electronic (preferred) applications should be emailed to email@example.com; letters of reference should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications and letters should be sent to:
Dr. Randall K. Jamieson, Acting Head
Department of Psychology
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact U of M’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator, Valerie Williams at Valerie.email@example.com or 204-474-8371. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Province of Manitoba). Please note that application materials will be provided to participating members of the search process.