University Affairs magazine has received nine nominations for the Kenneth R. Wilson Awards, which honour the best in business publishing in Canada. The magazine tied with CMA Magazine for the third-most nominations.
“It’s very rewarding to have such a good showing for the KRW Awards, which are nominated by our peers,” said University Affairs editor Peggy Berkowitz. “I congratulate our talented staff and contributors.”
In the written categories, the magazine received five nominations:
- Best Feature Article – Professional (2 nominations): The all-important graduate student-supervisor relationship and The PhD is in need of revision
- Best one-of-a-kind article: Sessionals, up close
- Best Profile of a Person: The incredibly original pursuits of Christian Bök
- Best profile of a company: Flipping the classroom
Three of the writing nominations went to the magazine’s regular contributor, journalist Rosanna Tamburri, who last year won a silver medal in the KRW Awards.
In the integrated categories, the magazine received one nomination:
- Best issue: November 2013
Finally, in the visual categories, the magazine received three nominations, two of them for the magazine’s art director, Underline Studio:
- Art direction of an opening spread: Is God Good?
- Best Illustration: Taking care of business
- Best art direction of a complete issue: December 2013
The winners will be announced June 3, 2014 in Toronto.
About the Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
The KRW Awards recognize the outstanding efforts of business-to-business magazine content and are supported in part by the Government of Canada through the Canada Periodical Fund of the Department of Canadian Heritage.